Wednesday, September 13th:
|13:00 – 13:30||Opening|
|13:30 – 15:15||Special Session “Hearing and light”|
|16:00 – 18:00||Scientific Session|
Thursday, September 14th:
|08:00 – 10:00|| ARO Symposium
“Developmental consequences of hearing loss”
|10:30 – 15:30||Scientific Sessions|
|15:30 – 16:30||Visit of DHZ and VIANNA|
|16:30 – 18:30||Scientific Sessions|
Friday, September 15th:
|08:30 – 13:00|| Scientific Sessions
(Parallel: Live Surgery of Auditory Implants and Transmission)
|14:00 – 15:30||Scientific Sessions|
|15:30 – 18:30||Scientific Sessions|
Saturday, September 16th:
|08:00 – 17:30||Symposium|
September 13th – 15th, 2017
on inner ear biology
The workshop will cover all traditional topics of inner ear biology, but will also include topics of central auditory neuroscience, and topics of therapeutical interventions in the auditory system.
Cochlear anatomy and function / New optical methods / Middle ear / Development / Genetics / Comparative hearing / Modelling / Cochlear mechanics / Regeneration / Cochlear and central auditory prostheses / Vestibular system / Tinnitus / Membranes and fluids of the inner ear / Mechanical stimulation of the inner ear / Drug delivery / Aging / Protection / Pendred syndrome
The workshops starts Wednesday at 1 p.m. and ends Friday 6 p.m.
Wednesday Sept. 13th:
- Special Session “Hearing and Light”
Thursday Sept. 14th:
- ARO-sponsored symposium “Developmental consequences of hearing loss”.
Accepted speakers are Dan Sanes, NYU, USA; Douglas Hartley, University of Nottingham, UK.
- Visit of the laboratories and facilities at the Institute of AudioNeuroTechnology (VIANNA) and German Hearing Center (DHZ) in Hannover.
Friday Sept. 15th:
- Live surgery of auditory implants and transmission from the operating theatre of the ORL-department at Hannover Medical School into the lecture hall.
- Special Session “Bioinspired signal processing”.
September 16th, 2017
Interventions in the Ear: From inner ear biology to the therapy of hearing loss
Invited speakers cover the field of cochlear morphology, drug delivery, regeneration of the inner ear, biohybrid and active cochlear implants, middle ear implants and endolymph production and resorption.
- Douglas Fitzpatrick
- Stefan Heller
- Alex Huber
- Daniel Lee
- Larry Lustig
- Jim Patrick
- Christine Petit
- Dyan Ramekers
- Helge Rask-Andersen
- Ed Rubel
- Ad Snik
- Hinrich Staecker
- Philine Wangemann
- The Welcome reception will be on Wednesday, Sept. 13th, 2017, Zoo (Meyers Hof)
- Science meets Art: On Thursday, Sept 14th, 2017, visits of Wilhelm Busch Museum
- Congress Dinner will be on Friday, Sept. 15th, 2017, New Town Hall (Gartensaal)
|Meyers Hof, Zoo||Wilhelm Busch Museum||New Town Hall|